Use the oven broiler to make tasty food – fast!
New and seasoned chefs alike, are commonly afraid to use this basic oven tool when cooking in the kitchen. Nonsense!
I challenge you to make one of my favorite and delicious BROILER recipes, the Breakfast Frittata! It is really easy to make- especially in the morning.
TIP: Try it tomorrow morning and serve it to your sweetie in bed!
Breakfast Frittata Recipe
Is it me, or is there still not enough Chicago Chef Events?
Chef Eric LeVine (right) and me at a cancer fundraiser last month.
Garlic Mussels in Tomato Cream and White Wine Sauce
- Saute garlic in olive oil *
- Add mussels, white wine, tomato sauce, clam juice, heavy cream and cover in saucepan.
- Finish with basil and parsley.
*TIP: Hot Pan, Cold Oil
Roasted Octopus Salad
- Boil whole Octopus in salt water
- Chop Octopus
- Roast in broiler on high
- Finish in saute pan with olive oil, roasted garlic, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a parsley garnish.