2014 Lucky Charms eating contest Champion at the Hard Rock cafe Chicago. 3 mini boxes of Lucky Charms Cereal and a 1/2 pint of milk by yours truly in 1:41. St. Patty’s Day 2015. Almost gave myself diabetes with all the sugar.
Culinary Fight Clubs popping up all over Chicago. Be on the lookout for the next locale. CFC – A Taste Bud Challenge on November 21st, 2013 at Blokes and Birds. An unconventional food competition. A table full of ingredients, 60 minutes, 4 judges, 3 Chefs, one 10,000 BTU burner, and 1 winner!! Cooking passion is a must for this type of underground cooking event!!
Unconventional Cooking Competition Fires Up in Chicago!
Just in time for Thanksgiving, Culinary Fight Club fired up their first of many TasteBud Challenges!
The Theme: STUFFING
Rules at a Glance:
- 4 Judges
- 3 Contestants
- 15 Ingredients
- 10k BTU Burners
- 60 minutes
- 100’s of cocktails
- 1 Ultimate WINNER with a passion for food! ME!
Interested in judging or showing off your culinary greatness as a contestant? Subscribe
- Perfect Gifts for Budding Chefs (potterybarnkids.com)
- The Top 10 Best Jobs For Foodies (collegefeed.com)
- Foodies Enjoy Top Vacation Experiences on Culinary Cruises (Video) (examiner.com)
Breakfast Frittata Recipe
In 6 to 8 minutes you’ll have the fluffiest tastiest egg dish in town!
- Place a small, 6 inch skillet on stove-top on high flame (I bought this $9 T-fal on Amazon and love it!)
- Beat up to 3 eggs, egg whites, or egg beaters
- Add your favorite ingredients (I prefer kosher salt, black pepper and any kind of shredded cheese)
- Pour into skillet.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until eggs bubble a little (don’t stir)
- Remove from heat and turn off stove-top flame
- Turn on broiler to high broil (or 500 degrees)
- Place skillet in broiler for approximately 3-5 minutes or until the top of your Frittata is golden brown
- Touch to make sure it’s cooked through
TIP: Keep the oven door cracked so the broiler stays on, and you can keep an eye on it.
Then, take it to your sweetie in bed!
- The Top Most Underutilized Kitchen Tool (that you already own) (chefleoperez.com)
- Country Frittata Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Have brunch for dinner with flavorful frittata (miamiherald.com)
Italian Spice Rubbed Pork Chop, Cinnamon Apple Sauce and Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Pork Chop Rub Recipe (for 2) (1) Tablespoon each of:
- Ground Sage
- Sea Salt
- Red Pepper Flake
- Black Pepper.
- Mix together and rub into both sides of pork chop.
- Pan sear both sides in olive oil
- Bake for 10 minutes on 375 degrees. No need to flip the chop while baking.
USEFUL TIP: HOT PAN, COLD OIL!
Easy (Sugar-free) Homemade Apple Sauce (for 2)
- Peel (3) Granny Smith Apples
- Add to food processor, use “pulse” until chopped
- Saute (1) small shallot until translucent in saucepan
- Add apples to a shot of water and cook in saucepan until tender (approx 20 min).
- Add Cinnamon to your liking
Pork Chop Brussels Sprouts
- Cut off bottom tips of Brussels Sprouts
- Partially steam until tender (Heat saucepan while steaming)
- Transfer the pan dripping from the baked pork chops into the saucepan with the partially steamed Brussels Sprouts
- Saute & Serve!
- Ideas for Brussels Sprouts (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Caramelised Brussel Sprouts? (silly9.wordpress.com)
- Delicious Brussels Sprouts Recipes (livinghealthywithnan.com)
- 20 Savory Apple Recipes for Fall (seriouseats.com)
- Elegant and Affordable: Sautéed Brussels Sprouts and Shallots (greendoorhospitality.wordpress.com)