2014 Lucky Charms eating contest Champion at the Hard Rock cafe Chicago. 3 mini boxes of Lucky Charms Cereal and a 1/2 pint of milk by yours truly in 1:41. St. Patty’s Day 2015. Almost gave myself diabetes with all the sugar.
Italian Spice Rubbed Pork Chop, Cinnamon Apple Sauce and Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Pork Chop Rub Recipe (for 2) (1) Tablespoon each of:
- Ground Sage
- Sea Salt
- Red Pepper Flake
- Black Pepper.
- Mix together and rub into both sides of pork chop.
- Pan sear both sides in olive oil
- Bake for 10 minutes on 375 degrees. No need to flip the chop while baking.
USEFUL TIP: HOT PAN, COLD OIL!
Easy (Sugar-free) Homemade Apple Sauce (for 2)
- Peel (3) Granny Smith Apples
- Add to food processor, use “pulse” until chopped
- Saute (1) small shallot until translucent in saucepan
- Add apples to a shot of water and cook in saucepan until tender (approx 20 min).
- Add Cinnamon to your liking
Pork Chop Brussels Sprouts
- Cut off bottom tips of Brussels Sprouts
- Partially steam until tender (Heat saucepan while steaming)
- Transfer the pan dripping from the baked pork chops into the saucepan with the partially steamed Brussels Sprouts
- Saute & Serve!
- Ideas for Brussels Sprouts (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Caramelised Brussel Sprouts? (silly9.wordpress.com)
- Delicious Brussels Sprouts Recipes (livinghealthywithnan.com)
- 20 Savory Apple Recipes for Fall (seriouseats.com)
- Elegant and Affordable: Sautéed Brussels Sprouts and Shallots (greendoorhospitality.wordpress.com)