TOP Time Saving Tip: Place your knives aside and use a food processor to chop vegetables quickly!
Here’s a perfect example of a recipe where I saved myself 15 minutes prep time by using my food processor.
This tip is exceptionally useful if you don’t know the correct (and safe) way to chop vegetables.
1. In a food processor add fresh (Mirepoix) and garlic:
- 2 lbs of Carrots
- 2 lbs of Onions
- 2 lbs of Celery
- 1/2 lb of Garlic
2. Pulse repeatedly until finely chopped. You can store the Mirepoix in the fridge until needed (usually lasts about 7-10 days no problem).
USEFUL TIP: Add 1/4 cup of salt to help preserve!
3. In a large stock pot sear 2 chicken thighs, breasts and legs. I love to use my LeCreuset for this one.
4. Once seared, add the Mirepoix and garlic mix to the stock pot and stir.
5. (Optional) Add 2 cups rice, barley or lentils until cooked. Chop and add some green onions or parsley to plate and taste.
- Food Processors Buying Guide (walmart.com)
- Vegetable Stock (cookingoutsidethebox.wordpress.com)
- Oyster Dressing Recipe (theepochtimes.com)