With the end of the holiday week, I wanted to post a recipe for all to taste. This one is simple, delicious and it packs a punch. Coquito is an old Puerto Rican Rum based drink that we typically drink during festive holidays. It’s excellent for those of you that don’t like the taste of alcohol and like something sweet at the end of your meal. This recipe is egg less.
You will need:
- 2 Cans of evaporated milk (I use the fat free)
- 1 Can of sweetened condensed milk (I use fat free)
- 1 750ml Bottle of Rum (I use Bacardi Rum)
- 1 Can of Coconut Cream (Coco Lopez is a popular one)
- 2 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp of Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 blender (You know I love my Vitamix!)
In the blender add all of your ingredients but the Rum. Mix well. You will now have the base for your Coquito. How strong you want it depends on you. With this mixture I use an entire 750ml bottle of Rum. You end up with about 2000ml of drink. You can serve it over ice and enjoy.
Please note: This is the quick and easy way to make Coquito. Traditionalist will send me hate mail for showing this recipe. The true way to make this takes hours and includes fresh coconuts and a lot of muscle. If you would like to know the original recipe, message me.
- Holiday Cocktail: Coquito (nbclatino.com)
- Cocquito! Puerto Rican Eggless Eggnog! (domesticgoddessathome.wordpress.com)
- Coquito: Holiday Egg Nog in the Caribbean Tradition (blogher.com)