Italian Spice Rubbed Pork Chop, Cinnamon Apple Sauce and Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Pork Chop Rub Recipe (for 2) (1) Tablespoon each of:
- Ground Sage
- Sea Salt
- Red Pepper Flake
- Black Pepper.
- Mix together and rub into both sides of pork chop.
- Pan sear both sides in olive oil
- Bake for 10 minutes on 375 degrees. No need to flip the chop while baking.
USEFUL TIP: HOT PAN, COLD OIL!
Easy (Sugar-free) Homemade Apple Sauce (for 2)
- Peel (3) Granny Smith Apples
- Add to food processor, use “pulse” until chopped
- Saute (1) small shallot until translucent in saucepan
- Add apples to a shot of water and cook in saucepan until tender (approx 20 min).
- Add Cinnamon to your liking
Pork Chop Brussels Sprouts
- Cut off bottom tips of Brussels Sprouts
- Partially steam until tender (Heat saucepan while steaming)
- Transfer the pan dripping from the baked pork chops into the saucepan with the partially steamed Brussels Sprouts
- Saute & Serve!
- Ideas for Brussels Sprouts (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Caramelised Brussel Sprouts? (silly9.wordpress.com)
- Delicious Brussels Sprouts Recipes (livinghealthywithnan.com)
- 20 Savory Apple Recipes for Fall (seriouseats.com)
- Elegant and Affordable: Sautéed Brussels Sprouts and Shallots (greendoorhospitality.wordpress.com)